Slot machines contain a “random number generator” (RNG) microcomputer that constantly spits out numbers. These random numbers correspond to positions on each of the reels in the machine. When a player pulls the handle or pushes the spin button he is not really initiating anything except the spinning of the reels, which is merely for show. He is simply telling the machine to display the reel positions that correspond to the last set of random numbers that were generated.
Certain tips on how to win a jackpot
The following are the tips of playing successfully in a slot machine.
- Only play the best paying machines – Look for machines that payout between 95 and 99 percent. These are mostly $1 and higher machines.
- Play non-progressive machines – This is because the random number generators are programmed to produce a higher number of reels and symbols on progressive jackpot machines.
- Bribe a casino employee – Ask an employee in the slots area which machines are the best. Offer them a cut of your profits for helping you.
- Physical placement – When picking a machine, location factor must be looked into. The physical placement of the machine is an indicator of how loose or tight the machine is. Loose slots are found near the change booths, on elevated carousels, near the coffee shop/cafe/snack bar, etc. You must avoid tight slots. They are generally placed near casino entrances, aroundslot or near the sports book/racing areas, near the ticket/show lines, etc.
- Do not play multiple-payline slots – Although it seems like one can have better chances playing multiple-payline slot machine, you are increasing the odds against you drastically.
- Always use your slots card – Do not forget to insert your players’ card in the reader before you begin playing and do not forget to take it with you when you leave.
- Play with coins rather than bills – If you want to get the most play for your money, feed the machines coins rather than using bills. However, make sure that the payout percentage is worth your time.
- Know when to stop – Discipline is necessary when gambling, regardless of what casino game it is. It’s very easy to just keep playing because you think you are minutes away from the jackpot, but that can be dangerous. Pocket 25% or 50% or 75% and add the remainder to your bankroll for more playing, or keep it all.
- Try the machine next to you if yours is not paying off – According to industry sources, the casinos hardly place two loose machines next to each other. If you are uncertain on whether your machine is loose, it may not hurt to try the machines on either side of you.
- Contrary to popular belief, the casinos do not “hide” or move their best machines simply because people find and play them. The casinos want them to be played. When slot machine players see and hear someone hitting a jackpot, it motivates them to pump more money into their own machine in hopes of hitting their own jackpot.